Saturday, August 23, 2014

New Journal


I finished up a couple of UFO’s over the past few days. One is a journal and the other is a photo album. I don’t have pictures of the photo album as yet but I did scan some of the journal.

I made this sometime last year. It was all finished except for sewing the signatures into the cover. Here are some pictures.
 



The cover all wrapped up.

 
Inside front cover and first page.
 
Some of the other pages.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I will share more in the next post.
 



 
 
 
 
 
 

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Updated Steampunk Album


I finished up the work I was doing on my Steampunk Album. I added ribbons and some embellishments to the spine of the book.

These photos are not the best but I now have pictures of what the new spine and binding looks like.

 
front cover

 
spine with ribbons and embellishments
 
 
first pages with new binding
 
 
middle pages where I inserted the ribbons



 
 

Monday, August 11, 2014

Working on Past Projects


Today I worked on resizing some more photos to try and finish up filling in this handmade book I made last year in the Ticket to Venice class.




I have also been working on re-doing the binding on this Steampunk album. I somehow never took a photo of the front cover or the spine but as you can see in the photos below the book was bound together with a piece of ribbon through grommets.

 
first page
 
 
back cover
 

I have since re-worked it using brown gaffers tape. I am also planning on adding some ribbons with some embellishments to the spine.