Monday, January 21, 2013

TtV Journal Pages



I have nearly finished the journal I made for the Ticket to Venice online class with Mary Ann Moss. (a link is in my sidebar). I decided to make a faux travel journal using the daily postcards, etc from the class.


These are just a few of the pages with the many, many photos and what have you that I put in the journal. I had not planned on it being so full; I mean this thing ways weighs a ton! I still need to add some captions here and there on pages.

I did the double diamond stitch on the spine. My first time using this binding stitch.



This is the front cover. I had to add the leather strap closure to hold the journal closed.







The bulldog clips are there just to hold things open while I snapped the photos.
























9 comments:

Leanne said...

nice!

studiorose said...

It's amazing; what a nice job! Your diamond stitches are spot-on perfect! I haven't started mine yet, but now I'm inspired to get a move on! Thanks for sharing this.

Lynette (NZ) said...

Gorgeous journal

Marianne in MD said...

Your journal is just beautiful. You did a fantastic job adding all the bits. It IS a real travel journal just waiting for your writing.

Chris said...

This is pretty fantastic, with the lovely cover, spine stitching, and how you put together the very interesting pages on the inside. Thanks for sharing your terrific journal!

Mary Ann said...

wow that is BEAUTIFUL!!!
love your leather closure - so unique and cool looking.

Barbara Hagerty said...

I love this so much! Every single page is a delight!

Fran├žoise said...

Beautiful journal!
Now I want to visit Venice again.

Connie Rose said...

Fantastic Italy journal!