Thursday, August 11, 2011

Steampunk Photo Album

It’s been too long since my last posting. I don’t know if anyone is still stopping by to check in or if anyone even cares any more. If you are still out there I really appreciate it and a comment would be welcome to let me know.


I have been working on several different projects involving lots of paper. If there are any scrapbookers out there you are well aware of the wonderful papers out there from which to choose.


Anyway, here are a few pages from an album that is not quite finished. It is very closely made like the one that Kathryn of The Scrap Beach did a good while back. She did a few things in her album that I had never done before and wanted to try.


The album was made using Graphic45s’ Steampunk Debutante themed scrapbook paper.





I stamped and embossed the butterfly onto a piece of the scrapbook paper which opens to reveal a place to journal or a photo. The gear on the tag holds the flaps shut.



The next page has several photo mats that flip up. Love the gears.



Here is the page underneath. Love the headdress bling. This is the first time I ever used this kind of embellishment.



The big blue flower on this next page is one I made using cardstock. I glued an orange crystal bling in the center. The smaller flowers were white and I sprayed them with blue inks. Love the butterflies!



This page has a long pocket with a tag. The top edge of the pocket was cut using one of Tim Holtz' On the Edge dies. A photo or whatever can be placed in the empty space of the page. Love the key and the clockface. The flowers here started out white and were sprayed with three different colored inks.


These are tags that I made and stamped.




You can see all pages at my Flickr photostream here:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/48972485@N00/

14 comments:

Robbie said...

I'm not a 'scapper' but I certainly am in awe of your journal! I love all the 'surprises' you have on the pages!! Very cool!

Doreen G said...

Wow Mickithis is so different to what I have been used to seeing here and I love it.Well done.

Kathryn said...

Micki, your "not quite finished" Steampunk Debutante albu is looking awesome! You did some fantastic stuff ~ I especially loved the use of the butterfly on the gear trifold. It looked beautiful! Great job on everything.

~Kathryn :D

Fran├žoise said...

Hi Micki. I'm still here! ;-)
Your album looks great.

Sharne's Bit 'n' Bobs said...

Of course I'm still here. Love it!!

Todays Treasure said...

I'm here .... don't even have to stop by; I've got you in my RSS feed!
http:/todaystreasureshoptalk.blogspot.com

essay writing service said...

Wonderful!

Fabric Art said...

Micki thanks for sweet comment on my book, wow your steampunk album are so wonderful made, so many great papers you used.
Anni

Cat said...

HEY!!! I'm still here... barely. I don't get around the blogs too much anymore either!
Your journal is terrific, great pages, looks like fun! I like the flip-ups.
Hope you are doing well. XO, Cat

LissC said...

i scrapbook too, well not so much anymore as my beading keeps me busy. But I am getting together with some girls to make cards today! Your book looks amazing!! I love tim holtz products. Have you taken any of his classes? he has great classes.

Heavens2Betsy said...

Your album is exquisite. penny

Judy Johnson of BayColonyDesigns said...

Hi Micki!

Thanks for coming by my blog. I love your work!
I will check in on you now and then.
Your new friend,

~Judy =^..^=

Rhissanna said...

Hi there. I don't know if you still check your comments, but I have to say I love this entry. I don't do scrapping or cropping but I really love your images and use of colour. As a dollmaker, I'm really interested in your flower embellishments. You made these? And dyed them with ink? I didn't know that was even possible! Paper flowers for dolls' hats and crowns. I need to get into this. Thank you for sharing.

Nancy said...

Wow! You're good! I love the headdress design as well... and the classic portraits... Wonderful post!