Monday, September 13, 2010

Blog Reader Help

I have a question for you. I have been using Bloglines for several years as my way of reading/following all of the blogs. Bloglines has announced that as of October 1st they will no longer be “in business”. I tried doing what they “suggested” as a way of keeping my blog links and came up zip.

What/how do you follow/read your blogs? I have gone through my bloglines list and bookmarked all the blogs, but I don’t want to spend all my time going to each blog to see if there is a new posting or not. I like being able to just go to only the ones with new posts (as I spend way too much time on the computer as it is).

Any and all help/advice is appreciated.


**Okay, after posting this I just realized I could update my blog list in the sidebar and follow that way, but I have nearly 200 blogs I follow and it would make my sidebar listing reeealy long. So I still am wondering if there is a better way!!

11 comments:

Suzanne Earley said...

I use Google Reader (http://www.google.com/reader) and I'm pretty sure there is a way you can export your blog subscriptions from Bloglines to Google Reader. Actually, when I went to the Bloglines home page, it talked about how to export. Much easier than trying to keep up with bookmarks!

Vicki W said...

Paula wrote a nice post here on how to get your bloglines exported to reader. I like Google Reader a lot.
http://thequilter.blogspot.com/2010/09/bye-bye-bloglines.html

Fran├žoise said...

I use Google reader too.

Gina said...

I'm another google reader user.

Susan D said...

I've just changed to Google reader as well from Bloglines.

Caron said...

I love Google Reader. They have a button that will go on your toolbar that says "NEXT" and when you click it, it just takes you to the next updated blog in your list. Works great!

Doreen G said...

Yep Micki I went to Google Reader as well.

Sojourner Design said...

Another vote for Google Reader!

Jacqui said...

Google reader - it's easy!

Ati. said...

Micki I use google reader too. It is very easy and helpful to keep in touch with the blogs you like.
Thank you for your nice comments on my blog :)

WW said...

I use google reader as well. I love how I don't have to add blogs once I've chosen to follow them, as blogger and Google are now connected, and blogs I choose to follow are automatically added when I push the follow button.