Friday, April 23, 2010

New ROD Journal cover

I finished up the journal cover for my next Remains of the Day journal. A few weeks ago I bought several different pieces of fabric and I used a small piece from one of them for the outside of the cover. I did a wrapped cord instead of the long strap for the closure. It will wrap around one time and hook over the white rose button.











The inside is from fabric I have had for sometime now in my stash. The print is blacker than it appears here. If you click on the picture you can see a truer color of it.












I hope everyone has a good weekend. We may get some nasty weather Saturday afternoon and evening.

4 comments:

Fran├žoise said...

Lovely!
Have a nice weekend. I hope the weather doesn't get too bad.

Monkey Mind said...

Nice innovation on the cord. I love the black and white fabric.

Bad weather is a great excuse to stay inside and craft! Our weather is so picture perfect right now that I really can't justify sitting at the sewing machine all day. And the dogs wouldn't let me anyway! They know when the weather is too nice to stay in.

Cat said...

Fantastic!!! The fabric and stitching look great!

Lise said...

Just love your journals - both the pages and the covers!!