Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Progress on the ROD Journal

I finally was able to get photos of my ROD journal. I kept waiting for the sun to shine. And then when it did finally show its’ face, I was busy and would forget until it was too late to take the pics.

Anyway here is the cover closed-up but there aren’t any pages in it as of yet.


(click on images for larger view)

















Here it is opened out.










This is the inside. Sorry for the glare on this one.










I am still working on the pages. For some reason creating the pages has been a little challenging for me. I guess what I really mean to say is I should just be grabbing stuff and going for it but instead I am taking way more time on them than I should. Don’t get me wrong, I really am enjoying this and I do want to make more of these. When I haven’t been working on the pages, I have been going through old magazines and cutting them up like crazy. You should see my workroom. It is a total mess. But it is a gooood mess.

4 comments:

Annette said...

Mikki, I am one of your ROD classmates. I like your journal. What is the tie closure made of? Looks like ribbon and lace? I'm having the same problem with my pages as you are. Too much thinking on them! Time to throw out linear thinking and get crazy!!!

Rita A. said...

Your journal cover is lovely. The colors are warm and inviting. I'm sure your pages will be just as wonderful.

Laura Kay said...

Love your journal cover!! I also have that initial difficulty with my pages. It takes me a bit of pushing myself through that "NO, that won't look good thinking" to going with my gut & adding the pieces that I first pick up.
Remember you will add more to the pages as you journal in them!!!

Lana's Threads and Musings said...

Mikki, This looks like such fun. I love the colors and layers you create. A journal is on my "want to do list". Your work is inspiring.