Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Getting Started

I hate to admit it, but I have been spending quite a bit of time on the computer the last couple of weeks. Not just reading all the blogs, but finding a lot of other sites that caught my eye/interest.

I have wanted to create an art journal for some time now. I have looked at so many others’ journals these past weeks trying to get some insight/inspiration but it is a bit intimidating now that I have seen such wonderful work.

Well anyway I finally took the plunge today and got a start on creating some background papers. I used both watercolors and inks on 90 lb watercolor paper.

Keep in mind this is just a start. I intend to do more to these papers as well as make more.

This is what I did this afternoon.












That bottom left corner one is washed out in the photo. It really is closer in color to the one right above it. And the ones that look green and black above really are the two shades of blue you see below.


4 comments:

Doreen G said...

These are looking good Micki.

CTStudios said...

One must always be cautious when creating background papers. They are great and can be habit forming all in their own. I've been know to create stacks of them just to be faced with the 'now what'. It's what I fondly call 'inventory'

Cat said...

Looks like fun!

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Q How do you eat an elephant?
A Bit by bit

Starting really is the hardest part and remember that nothing is wasted. If you don't like something it can be painted over or covered over with something else. However, your pages look fabulous

Carolyn