Well I finally managed to get some photos taken of the finished doll. She is from a pattern by Julie McCullough (www.magicthreads.com) called The Muse.
So here she is. She stands 20 inches tall. The doll herself is the original size, but Julie’s pattern called for using a newel post top as the base (I used a shorter one) so she would have been 3 or 4 inches taller.
Click images for closer look.
I chose two coordinating fabrics to create her wardrobe. I decided the outer fabric needed a little something more so I added some machine stitching using a couple of the built-in stitches on my machine to give some added texture.
The buttons were originally white. I painted them and finished off with a coat of polyurethane. I also hand stitched beads around the edges.
I am not totally happy with her face (I never was that great at applying makeup) but I am not unhappy either. I learned a few things with this one and hopefully the next doll will be better.
I had a little trouble with her headdress, but after a bit of playing around trying one thing then another, I finally got a look that I liked.
12 hours ago