Tuesday, October 06, 2009

The Finished Muse Doll

Well I finally managed to get some photos taken of the finished doll. She is from a pattern by Julie McCullough (www.magicthreads.com) called The Muse.

So here she is. She stands 20 inches tall. The doll herself is the original size, but Julie’s pattern called for using a newel post top as the base (I used a shorter one) so she would have been 3 or 4 inches taller.

Click images for closer look.





















































I chose two coordinating fabrics to create her wardrobe. I decided the outer fabric needed a little something more so I added some machine stitching using a couple of the built-in stitches on my machine to give some added texture.














The buttons were originally white. I painted them and finished off with a coat of polyurethane. I also hand stitched beads around the edges.


















I am not totally happy with her face (I never was that great at applying makeup) but I am not unhappy either. I learned a few things with this one and hopefully the next doll will be better.


















I had a little trouble with her headdress, but after a bit of playing around trying one thing then another, I finally got a look that I liked.

14 comments:

Julie McCullough said...

Well I think she turned out beautifully. I think her face is simply beautiful. So serene.I've found that you can use this pattern for any number of characters with just a bit of tweaking. Someone recently did a Christmas Nativity scene using this pattern for all the charachters. really stunning. Keep having fun and thanks for letting me see!
Julie McCullough

Sharne's Bit 'n' Bobs said...

I think her face is lovely, and so is the doll.

Doreen G said...

I love her Micki and I agree that her face is beautiful.

Cat said...

HI Micki! I love her face! So serene and peaceful! You did good!
She is beautiful.

Gina said...

She is fabulous Micki and her face is wonderful. You are too hard on yourself.

kay susan said...

Micki, She's a real beauty. I love her costume!

Lise said...

She's lovely Micki - and I admire all the details on her costume.

Gunnels blog said...

oh, she is so lovely! Thank you for your kind comment at my blog! So nice to hear from you again :-) I hope you feel fine!

Conni said...

really beautiful in every detail!

Dutchfeltart said...

I think this is gorgeous, you are very, very talented.

Sandy said...

Great doll-something I've never been able to do. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Laura said...

The doll is beautiful, wow! All of it.

Ati. said...

Love the doll Micki, a fantastic piece of modern art !

Emmy said...

she is very beautiful great job done