Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Doll Progress

The past few days here have been gorgeous. We have been having unusually cooler weather than we normally have for the end of August and going into September. It is normally very hot and humid, but the temps have been in the mid to upper 70’s and lower 80’s during the day and lows in the low 60’s or even into the 50’s.

I mentioned before that I have been working some on one of the dolls and so I thought I would give you a little peek at her.





















The things that look like little white beads are pinheads that were holding everything together in this photo. I have everything on her headdress stitched now. I still have to stitch up her robe/dress as it is only pinned on right now and attach her head permanently to her body.

I spent some time today looking through my stash for fabrics for clothing for the second doll. It will be a good while before she is finished, but I hope not too long as there are so many other things I want to get started on.

10 comments:

Conni said...

Micki, she's going to be wonderful! Looking forward to seeing more...

Gina said...

She looks fabulous Micki. I love the shape of her head and face and her headgear is just stunning.

Sandy said...

That's a great headdress. I'd like to wear something like that. Thanks for visiting my blog.

kay susan said...

She is looking very elegant

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Lovely textiley blog - I found you through Gina. Shall add you to my ol' blog buddy list

Best wishes
Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Cool Hat!!! I love it

quiltordye@blogspot.com said...

I really like her but I have questions about her construction. Is she stiff?

Liz said...

What a cool headdress! I can't wait to see the rest of her. I like her profile - very aristocratic! Thank you for visiting my blog, too.

Anni's Art said...

Thanks for comment on my postcard, wonderful doll your making, love your felted work is it made on a embellisher ?

rosebudlia said...

For a doll? You have to make these "human size"! I LOVE it! Of course, at my tender age of 55 I would look totally insane in one, but the younger less inhibited members of planet earth would love these, I am sure!
Fabulous work!
Sue x