Thursday, July 23, 2009

What I've Been Up To

I didn’t mean for it to be quite so long in between postings. DS (who is single) had hernia surgery last week and I spent some time with him at his home. He is doing fine and can return to work next week on light duty.

I have been working on several things from time to time the past few weeks. For some reason I took a notion to create more dolls. I still have one that I started 3 years ago in an online class with Michelle Munzone. She is waiting for me to finish the work on her face. I find that the hardest part of all to do. At present she is perched on a reel of fine gold wire. The purple stick is not part of the doll; it is just helping to prop her up.




















Anyway, I now have two others started but am in no big hurry to get back to. As usual, I have several other things that I want to try, besides all the usual life/home things that must be done from time to time.















I took some time the other day to clear most everything off my work counter so that I could get to the front windows and clean them. I replaced the mini blinds at the same time. My room is still a big mess but I can walk around and find most anything that I might want. :-)

** Update on Lap Quilt**
After ironing the backing fabric and cutting and pressing the batting Tuesday, I finally was able to get the quilt top sandwich spray basted together with the help of DH. I have to choose threads and then I should be able to get started quilting. As I don’t own a mid-arm or long-arm machine, again it will be a fairly simple pattern stitched on this one.

7 comments:

Gina said...

Your doll is gorgeous! And I sure like your bag below. I'm looking forward to seeing what you decide to add to the flap. I've been enjoying working on bags/purses off and on the past year - they are fun, but I understand what you mean by the tough sewing once all the batting/interfacing is in place.

Cat said...

Hi! Your dancing doll is delightful! Do finish!!!

Love the purse in the last post too!

Have a happy day!

Kayla coo said...

Hello,
I want to say thank you for your lovely comment.
Dolls look so difficult to make and yours look great.x

Jackie said...

The doll is just gorgeous! I can imagine that the face is difficult as it communicates so much.

Karoda said...

Hi Micki, long time no drop in...great to see all the diverse items you've been working on...digging the doll making! hope all is well!

Anni's Art said...

Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog, your doll is amezing, wonderful colors, I will come back to see her when she is finish.

Granny Fran said...

Your doll is exquisite; she needs a very special face to match that special body.