Thursday, March 12, 2009

Using It Up

I seem to be experiencing a bit of a creative block major project wise but I’ve had a little bit of a play on and off the last couple of weeks creating these ATC’s. The background was created using strips of fabrics just as they came out of the scrap box. The wire is something I’ve had forever and had never used. I also have several rolls of colored foil that I have barely touched. The flowers are samples that were created some time last year and were just lying around. The leaf shapes were cut out of a piece of painted dryer sheet.









10 comments:

Deb H said...

THey are beautiful Micki! ATC's are a great way to get past the creative blocks.

Ati. Norway. said...

They are beautiful and very special. Wish I had something special for a trade....

Doreen G said...

Great ATC's Micki--I know what you mean about the creative block I having the same problems.

Conni said...

These are terrific!

TracyB said...

Love the colors, love the wire bending!! I use a lot of squiggles in my work & for some reason, I just haven't taken that next step yet to form my own.

Laura said...

I agree that ATC's are a great way of keeping the creative juices flowing if you get stuck on bigger projects. And they have turned out beautifully Micki.

Allison Ann Aller said...

Play is GOOD.
These ATCs beautiful, and are a hint of what is lurking beneath your surface, just waiting to come out....all in good time.

laura west kong said...

How fun! They turned out great and I love the colors. =(^_^)=

MÂȘ Clara Lloveras said...

Hello,
I am Maria Clara from Spain.
Today I have discovered your blog, is precious!!!!!
I would like to do an swap of atcs, you want?

My blog is: www.lacasademadera.over-blog.com
Regards.

Ela Kreativ said...

Hi Miki, thank you for visiting my blog. In that way I could discover your creative blog. I like your work very much and will come again soon.
Best wishes for the new year
Renate