I can’t believe I haven’t posted anything for three weeks. Well, actually I can. I haven’t really done much of anything that I could show. It seems my muse has abandoned me and I am not doing so great without her.
I have however decided it is time to make a dent in my fabric stash and pulled out some fabrics that have to be at least 10 years old (maybe older). Some of these fabrics I would not even consider buying today. I figured I might as well make some lap quilts from these fabrics. I have been playing around in Electric Quilt 6 and finally decided on a pattern for the first one. It took a while to come up with something that would work with the amount of each of these particular fabrics. I just started the other day and have completed 15 blocks. I have the pieces cut for 9 more. That means I only have to cut and piece 53 more. The quilt will consist of 38 star blocks and 39 sixteen patch blocks. I have no idea how long it will take me to complete this as I have to work on it in between “my chores”.
Here is what one of the star blocks look like. It has not been squared up as yet. The cream colored fabric with the little rust colored flowers was not my original choice. I had to substitute it for what I originally chose when I discovered I didn’t have enough of the first fabric I originally wanted to use.
18 hours ago