Sunday, December 07, 2008

Getting Ready for the Holidays















I’m sorry it’s been such a long time since my last posting. You all know how it is; sometimes life just gets in the way. I’m sorry too that I have been lax in acknowledging comments, but I really, really appreciate all of you who take the time to comment or even to just stop in for a visit.

The photo above was taken with my new camera (an early Christmas present). This photo was taken during the daytime. I just love that ornament.

What have I been up to the past few weeks? For starters, I have been doing some machine embroidery Christmas designs (time permitting). I really had intended to start these months ago because I know it takes such a long time just to stitch out one design.

Here is a couple so far. You can click on the photo for a larger view.



















I have more but will share them over the next week.

Here is another ornament photo. I took this one at night. His hood really is reddish but looks a little orangey in the photo. I obviously have more to learn about using this camera.


4 comments:

Maggie said...

Look for a setting called White Balance- that will help you fix photos that have a yellow or blue tinge to them.

Deb H said...

I like the old fashoined looking Santas too. I have quite a few.

Your pictures are nice. I'd like a new camera for Xmas too, but didn't ask Santa for one, so I'm not expecting it.

Waltraud said...

Nice to see you here again!

Cat said...

That first Santa ornament looks like he must come to life at midnight and dance thru the tree branches! His eyes give him away.

Yahoo on the new camera!!!!

Enjoy the busy season...