Monday, November 17, 2008

Wigwam Book

I am one of the many people who have been participating in Maggie Grey’s free online classes. You have to have her book Textile Translations in order to participate.

We have been experimenting in Mixed Media using a number of different things.

This is my work for the first lesson. The colors are fairly true in this photo.

















In these photos that follow the color is bluer than the piece really is.
























I didn’t have any hand made paper for the pages so I used some scrapbook papers I had and stamped images on the blank sides.

9 comments:

Waltraud said...

So beautiful!
Regards
Walraud

Fabienne said...

Your book is really beautiful. I love it. I'll be there to look at your next work in Maggie's courses!

Fran├žoise said...

Gorgeous!
I haven't started with the lesson yet..
:-(

pascale said...

This looks great. What did you do to get these colours?

laura west kong said...

that is really gorgeous!

Aussie Jo said...

Great colours Mikki,
I love that turquoise. I've bookmarked your blog to follow along
Cheers
Jo

Laurence said...

Very beautiful.

Cat said...

Cool! You could make 3-D ornaments for Christmas this way...

My Ladies Fine Designs said...

Fascinating, well done.