Sunday, October 26, 2008

New Work-Sort of

Last week or so I picked up working again on a piece that I started way back at the beginning of the year (January or February?). This is what I chose for the background.




















That light-ish rectangle in the center is where I had a piece of totally stable ironed on the back. It is no longer there.

Next I drew a pattern and cut out these pieces.
















They were stitched together and pinned to the background. Then I made some leaves and a moon. They were also only pinned on at this stage. I stopped there.




















More on this to come soon.

6 comments:

Nellie's Needles said...

ooooo...what wonderful possibilities.

Diane said...

I LOVE these colors...and a moon? How could it get much better? *grin* I can't wait to see where you go from here!

Lise said...

I'll be back soon - very exciting!!

laura west kong said...

What a great start! It's going to be fun watching this quilt come to life!

Susan said...

Hi!
Love this lap quilt!

Thanks so very, very much for sending your positive energy and kind words as comments on my blog while I was at the MacNamara Foundation for the past six weeks. Being around a group of highly educated, very articulate, and totally accomplished, professional artists can be a bit intimidating. The support and encouragement that you and others left on my blog is so appreciated. Thank you! I hope you're enjoying your new deck!
Susan

Lynne said...

Micki, I really enjoy your blog. Passing on an award to you, if you would like to join in. No compulsion, just if you feel likeit.Lynne