Thursday, August 21, 2008

What I've Been Up To

First off, thanks to all who left comments on my last postings. I usually try to personally thank each of you through emails, but I have to admit I have fallen down on the job here lately. I really do appreciate them, really.

This is one of two things I have been working on recently. DH asked if I would make something for a co-worker. I made this eyeglasses case.




















This is the backside.





















The front has wool tops, silk throwsters waste and painted cheesecloth embellished onto felt. Tulle was placed on top and then I added some free-motion stitching. The flower was made by embellishing wool tops on felt, and then cutout and hand stitched to the front. I added the diamond stitching on the back piece. I actually like this one better than the one I made for myself.

The other thing I have been working on is I finally got the two borders added to the lap quilt I wrote about in this post. I don’t have a photo as it is too gloomy today.

6 comments:

Gina said...

Very pretty Micki!

Lise said...

Gorgeous!! Both the techniques and the colours. What a lucky co-worker...

linda stokes said...

You've done some great things with your embellisher, love the new notepad too. thanks for your comment on my bag.

Genie said...

Great work Micki

miekenoor said...

What a sweat holder you have made. Lovely!

Linda Sue said...

This case is absolutely gorgeous! I am inspired!