Wednesday, July 09, 2008

More Embellisher Fun

I know I am a little late getting back with more samples. The July 4th holiday had me doing other things, plus DH was off work several extra days.

This piece is a sample made from two different colored felts, cut in strips and then woven together. I applied Misty Fuse and then added some gold foil. Next I cut up some pink and green cheesecloth and lightly fused them on, after which I machine needle felted it all together.





















I used part of the woven piece for my next sample. I loosely knitted some yarn and then cut it apart in places to stretch over the felt. I then proceeded to machine needle felt it. This shows the green half felted.














This one is after it was entirely punched from both the front and back.















I think I liked the piece better before it was felted from the back, but it depends on the look you are going for. I may use this to make a small book cover or perhaps a needlecase.

I used the same technique for making this case for my sunglasses. I could have embellished it further with some hand stitching and maybe even some beads, but I was in a hurry and decided to stop where I did. Plus with all the handling it would get I didn’t want the worry of it coming off.






















I know the holiday is past, but I wanted to show you the pin I made for the 4th. This is my Independence Day Wild Woman. I wanted a tiny flag for her, but by the time I thought of it, I didn’t have time to get out and look for one. Maybe next year.

5 comments:

Gina said...

I like your Independence Day wild woman... very funky!

Doreen G said...

Love the wild woman Micki she has crazy hair.

Fran├žoise said...

Yes, she looks great!

Lise said...

What a lovely woman! You gave me an idea for our National Day in May. We have the same colours in the flags......
Your sample is very nice, I like the idea of the knitted piece.

Annie said...

Love your wild woman. See you have been having fun with the knitting. I have made an ATC with embellished knitting which I hope to put on my blog soon.
Thanks for stopping by to.