Monday, July 21, 2008

Lesson 5 Samples

Here are my samples from Lesson 5 of Dales’ Embellish Stitch and Enrich class.

This first piece has Kunin felt for the background that I applied Misty Fuse to hold down the small bits of fancy fabrics and ribbons and angelina fibers. The bottom half has been needle punched from the front only.














This is the piece after punching all over and then I added machine stitching with metallic thread. Click on the photo for larger view.














This is the back. This is the first time I have used Kunin felt and so when I took the heat gun to the back of it, I thought at first it wasn’t going to melt because I was holding the gun too high up. But when I placed the gun a lot closer the little holes started appearing. I didn’t really want to distress this too terribly much because the felt shrinks the more it is heated.














This is another piece with Kunin felt for the background. The circles are wool roving and the lines are fun yarn.















This is what it looks like from the back side. Lovely watercolor effect.















I was going to use the heat gun on this, but since I wasn’t sure what I will make with this I have decided to hold off on that for the time being as I kind of like it the way it is.

10 comments:

Sandy said...

Nice samples. I'm not sure I liked what the heat gun did to mine.

Carol said...

Gorgeous Micki, like the snippets andlove the effect on the back of the last one,

zquilts said...

Oh WOw ! These are so much fun....and here I was hoping it was an "online" class !

Doreen G said...

Lovely work Micki---I love the reverse side of the circle one.

Ati. Norway. said...

I like very much what you did with the bits and pieces. The effect they make is great!

Meg in Albuquerque said...

Looks good!

I wanated to let you know I have nominated you for the Brillianting Weblog Award Premio - 2008. Don't feel obligated to do anything, I just wanted to say "Thanks for all the enjoyment I get from your blog.

Meg

Alis said...

This looks a really interesting class and I love your work for it.

Still thinking I NEED an embellisher!

Cat said...

You're just having too much fun here, I can tell. Learning lots too!

Granny Fran said...

I really like this piece; it's such fun and the back is lovely, also. It doesn't need any heat gun to improve it. You sure get some wonderful effects with your embellisher.

Homeleightigger said...

I looks just wonderful Micki - am scrolling down further to have a look at earlier Lessons. Val