Tuesday, May 20, 2008

More on the Quilt

I have been sewing on the quilt top when time permitted. First off is a look at the 16 patch block.





















I now have the top sewn, minus the two borders.

The quilt top. Sorry this is the best photo I could get, it’s a gloomy day here today.






















Here’s a closer look. The colors are pretty much true in this photo, (at least on my computer they are).














I will need to buy the fabric for the back and I may also need to buy batting (I haven’t checked yet to see if I have a piece large enough).

8 comments:

Fran├žoise said...

It looks great Micki!

Caron said...

Absolutely stunning quilt! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Caron

Ati. Norway. said...

Love the look of the quilt, so warm and cosy :)

Gina said...

That is amazing Micki and I love the colours. Very warm!

Granny Fran said...

Beautiful quilt! I just love the patterns like this that start out as simple blocks and when put together they make such complex designs.

Deb H said...

It's GORGEOUS! I admire anyone with the stick-to-it-tivenous to piece that many repeats of any block. I tend to fall asleep piecing, so I seldom do it, but I LOVE the look!

Conni said...

Beautiful, warm and comfy-looking! Love it!

Feeling Simply Quilty said...

what part of Kentucky? I'm in Louisville.

Love your pics, looks familiar to me.