Thursday, March 13, 2008

She's Back

I added more to the mermaid piece. I knew it needed more, so I added additional hand stitches across the bottom around the seashells. I also added some beads. If you want to see how I left this piece before, just click on "She's Done" in the sidebar under previous posts.


















bottom left corner
















bottom middle section
















bottom right corner















I also did some tea dying last week. Here is the result of that. I dyed some small pieces of muslin, a piece of PFD fabric, some cheesecloth and a couple of small doilies.

12 comments:

Joanna van said...

Just beautiful Micki! I love all the detail's in your underwater scene.

Lise said...

Now she is perfect!! I love the details. I think the April page for my Stargaze tome will be a mermaid (or maybe May's page). If you don't mind, I'll use some of your ideas......

Ati. Norway. said...

Beautiful, much better with the stitches between the shells. It looks "done" now :))

Cara said...

More beads!

Cat said...

Wow! This is great, I love the "seaweed", it looks so real. Your feather stitching and beads are super and the long stitches by the shells are great too.

Looks like fun with cheesecloth coming up...

Dianne said...

Looks fantastic Micki!! The extra handstitching does add that little bit more (even though I loved it before).

Sande said...

Very pretty and beautiful color choices.

Laura said...

I really like this piece Micky. The colours are beautiful and I like the depth you have created..

sammy said...

Your mermaid picture is amazing!! I love all the detail you are doing along the bottom edge! plus the mermaid is beautiful!

Allison Ann Aller said...

This mermaid is beautiful! I like how you constructed her...
This makes me want to go under the sea and swim with her!

christine said...

the mermaid piece is stunning. the detail is just incredible. very nice!

Sara said...

I see we were at sea at the same time? was it because of the snow? :-)