Saturday, March 08, 2008

Got Snow?

This is what it looks like here from all the snow we received yesterday and this morning.














































These next two are where my large flower bed with the little pond is supposed to be.

















This is looking across towards our neighbor.














Our deck.















These next ones are from 2 weeks ago when I was sick with the flu and didn’t get to show them. This is what some of our pine trees looked like from an ice storm we had.














We lost a lot of branches off of this tree.


















































Right now the sun is shining brightly but the temperature is only 27 with a wind chill of 15 degrees!
(**note—that was earlier, but blogger wouldn’t let me publish then!)

11 comments:

Ati. Norway. said...

WOW , is that normal to have so much snow in Kentucy? At my place it is almost green now. LOL

Doreen G said...

Micki That looks so beautiful --we don't get snow very often where I live maybe once every 5 years and then if you blink you will miss it.

Lise said...

Hi! I see Ati has left a comment - the lucky lade lives in a much better part of Norway than I do.Have just been out "skating" with the dog, the garden is full of snow and ice, but I've found the first wild blue anemones, some snowdrops and the Christmas rose has buds!! Hope you have recovered!!

Barbara said...

oh ...beautiful pictures...but I think ...cold..cold...cold...
today sun is shining here and we were sitting outside...
xxo barbara

Cat said...

I must say that I am so sick of snow this winter... but these pictures are so so beautiful!!!

Pat said...

That is a lot of snow, beautiful I grant you but please don't send it over the Atlantic. We are having the worst storms of winter here, very wet and very windy, I would just like some warm sun.

Art on the Edge said...

ah lovely snow... I can say that now that I am back in central Florida!

Dianne said...

Such great photos - lovely white snow. Such a contrast to our hot sunny weather here in Oz.

MargaretR said...

I love your snow photos Micki. I love snow, full stop. We don't get much here these days, but I was born into one of the biggest snow storm in living memory, or so I've been told, so it's no wonder I love it so much.

Granny Fran said...

I prefer to see the beauty of snow through photos, although we have had our share this winter. I guess I've always thought of Kentucky as a warm, southern state; live and learn.

Conni said...

Beautiful snow pictures! We didn't get much snow this winter at all...