Saturday, February 09, 2008

Trade

I have been busy the past few days installing software, downloading updates and doing taxes for DS. Now that his are done, I will have to start on ours, but not before taking a little time for this.

I wanted to show you the ATC that I got from Susan over at Art in Stitches. Isn’t it fabulous.





















If you don’t already know, Susan has put together the Cyber Fyber Exhibition....

CYBER FYBER is an exhibition of international fiber art scheduled for January 8th through 20th, 2009. This exhibit will focus on the supportive, global community of fiber artists with whom Susan regularly shares new techniques, contemporary approaches to textiles, and finished work by Internet websites and blogs. The exhibition will include three primary areas: Fiber ATCs (Artist Trading Cards); fiber postcards; and the work of several invited artists.


This is what I am sending in return. I hope she likes it. It is mostly machine needle felted. The flower is only tacked down in the center. The cheesecloth is some that I painted. There is yarn, DMC cotton floss and also some beads.

14 comments:

Joanna van said...

Your ATC is beautiful. The cheesecloth blends in beautiful with your composition. I love purples and blues too!

Waltraud said...

Great, your new ATC.

Fran├žoise said...

Lovely ATC.

Kim said...

It's lovely Micki.

Emmy said...

she will love it it is so wonderful

Grizzly Mountain Arts said...

Beautiful work and blog!

Cestandrea said...

Lovely card from Susan, I like the copper colour hues, and yours is very nice too. it looks so soft and the violet-bordeau combination is very nice,
Andrea
PS I use this opportunity to gather all my blogfriends around me, if you'd like to win a Paris Souvenir, please come over to my blog:)
Have a wonderful weekend

Laura said...

Love both the ATC's.

Cat said...

Both are terrific. I haven't made an ATC for over a year I think!

I like the cheesecloth effect, it always reminds me of seafoam no matter what the color.

Have a good Sunday.

Purple Missus said...

Love the colours of your ATC Micki. Very well put together.

Cestandrea said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ritual said...

So Lovely!!!

Is it wierd that I just want to pet your ATC? It just looks so soft and pretty!


Oh, I have been tagged to pass along a "Make my Day award" and instanly thought of you =)

Cestandrea said...

Dear Micky, the little Paris-presents are here waiting in a bubble envelope to be shipped off to Kentucky:) I just need your address, I left my e-mail in the other post, please delete it once you have written to me,
thanks and have a wonderful weekend
andrea

MargaretR said...

Your ATC to Susan is very beautiful. I just love those colours you have in it. You seem to have fallen off my radar just now, but I will re-blogline you now!