Friday, February 08, 2008

Just Checking In Here

I have been off-line for the last couple of days due to the devastating tornado that went through town on Tuesday night. We had storms to blow through exactly one week earlier without any real consequence. We were lucky enough not to have suffered any damage as we live several miles from where the tornado went through. Others however were not so fortunate this time. Thank God, there were no deaths here, but many of you probably know through the news that there were many deaths from the huge amount of tornadoes that swept through several states that night. This small town was nearly wiped off the map by tornadoes in 1974.

I am very thankful for my being spared, but my heart goes out to all the families touched by this devastation.

13 comments:

The Carolina Quilter said...

So glad you were okay. Such a horrible tragedy. The storm remnants blew through here but had subsided in intensity by the time they reached SC. We are all praying for you who were hit by these horrible winter tornadoes. My heart goes out to the victims of the storm as well.

Doreen G said...

What a terrible tragedy Micki and I am so glad that you are o.k.

Pat said...

We saw the pictures on the news here and were horrified by the devastation, I wondered if anyone I knew from blogging was affected So glad you are safe.

kay susan said...

Oh Micki, so glad to hear that you are OK. Dreadful business.

Cat said...

I'm glad you are okay!
Tornados are so wicked horrible.

Still waiting for a blogger named Beth in TN to post and say she's okay...

Scarry stuff.

StegArt said...

I'm glad to hear all is well Micki. I don't always realize when weather like this hits that a fellow blogger may be involved. Such devastation and sadness to those who lost loved ones.

Kim said...

Happy to hear all is well with you. I've lived in the tornado belt and it's truly frightening when those storms come.

Lise said...

So glad you are OK - the world is getting smaller and smaller, and I always think of blog-friends when the news shows tornados, fires etc...

Waltraud said...

Hi Micki, Iam glad to see you here again,
hugs
Waltraud

Conni said...

So glad to hear you are okay...

Granny Fran said...

Oh Micki, that must have been terrifying! So glad you came through it all right and we've been praying for all the victims.
Heartbreaking!

MargaretR said...

Hi micki, I'm so glad you are safe. What dreadful things tornadoes are, I have never experienced one luckily but I can imagine they are very frightening.
Your ATC is lovely and I'm sure Susan L will love it.

Purple Missus said...

Very pleased that you and yours are safe Micki. How frightening it must have been for you.
When something like this happens it certainly makes you count your blessings.