Thursday, January 10, 2008

Thank You and What's Next

First off, I want to thank everyone who has left comments here recently and also those who stopped by (but didn’t comment). I am truly appreciative of all the wonderful things that you say about my “art” or whatever else it is that I have posted about. When I first started this blog I wasn’t sure if I would be posting much or if anyone would even really be all that interested. While I may not have huge numbers of visitors, I do have way more than I ever thought I would and I keep seeing new names pop up in the comments. So just let me say “Thank You” one more time.

There has been some talk about choosing a word for 2008 to “guide” you throughout the year. I guess it was pretty evident in my first post for the year what word I had decided on. FOCUS. I could also add to that “concentrate”.

Moving on, I am planning to participate in a monthly WIP challenge. The challenge is to gather together your WIPs and decide what you want to do with them.

finish them

rework/repurpose them

give them away

ecetera

Working on my WIPs is something I had intended to do this year even before the challenge was issued. I have decided which one to work on first and have already been in the process of working out what my next step(s) with the piece will be. This is still in the planning stage and actually I have not started on it, so I will wait to post about it. I need to take photos. Stay tuned.

7 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

Focus is an excellent word--another slogan/idea that comes from The Artist Way is to "always show up at the plate". Good Luck!

Purple Missus said...

When you've finished on your WIP's Micki maybe you could come and do mine *LOL*

Pamie G. said...

WIPs....as soon as I find them, I think I will start them one by one too! Thank you for the inspiration!

Kim said...

Great idea. I'd love to exit 2008 with no WIP or UFO's - even if I have to clean out cupboard to find them!

Cat said...

FOCUS is good. I better take note!

Susan said...

Hi!
I'm a little "behind" on some of the common abbreviations used on various blogs. I've got the idea, I think; but, I don't quite know what the letters stand for. What is a WIP? I'm assuming it is similar to a UFO...unfinished object. Whatever it stands for, however, I'm with you on the whole FOCUS plan!
Susan

Kim said...

Focus is a word I could certainly use too. Probably many of us. I love the fact that we can look at so many other blogs, inspire and support each other... a truly ethereal community!