Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Mermaid Update

I’ve made some progress on the mermaid piece, however not quite as much as I would have liked.

Here’s what I have done so far.
















And a closer view.














I don’t know where my head was when I started back on this piece but it certainly wasn’t where it should have been. After I had completed adding these embellishments I realized that I should have added my batting and backing fabric and quilted it first. I know I can still do some quilting but it is going to be a lot harder now. That is not the only dumb mistake I have done. When I cut the batting, it was too small and I had to cut a second piece. If that wasn’t dumb enough, I turned right around and cut the backing fabric too narrow also. DUH! When that happened I said it was time to quit for the day.

11 comments:

Nellie's Needles said...

It's magical! Some days are like that ... days when it seems hardly worth getting out of bed.

Debra Spincic said...

Glad to know that I am not the only ones who can make those kinds of mistakes!

Carol said...

The mermaid is coming along beautifully, I think we can all identify with those kind of days.

Susan said...

Hi!
Don't fret...seemingly "stupid" mistakes often end up with completely brilliant solutions that would never occur had the plan been well thought out! At least, some of my finest works have been the result of a novel "fix". Keep going! Build on that new "problem" until it is a uniquely wonderful part of the mermaid's world.
Susan

Kim said...

I figure as long as those days don't happen every day we'll all be fine!

Love the seaweed!

Waltraud said...

The little mermaid is so lovely! A wonderful mistake!

Kim said...

Don't beat yourself up... she is lovely. Just love her! Kim

Sarah Jayne said...

I think we all have days like that. Your work looks great.

Dianne said...

I think she's lovely, with or without quilting!!

SuZ said...

you go girl !!!! ... she's looking really good...don't let the set backs get you down...think out side the box !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SuZ

Cat said...

I like the seaweed! This is coming along beautiful.