I’ve made some progress on the mermaid piece, however not quite as much as I would have liked.
Here’s what I have done so far.
And a closer view.
I don’t know where my head was when I started back on this piece but it certainly wasn’t where it should have been. After I had completed adding these embellishments I realized that I should have added my batting and backing fabric and quilted it first. I know I can still do some quilting but it is going to be a lot harder now. That is not the only dumb mistake I have done. When I cut the batting, it was too small and I had to cut a second piece. If that wasn’t dumb enough, I turned right around and cut the backing fabric too narrow also. DUH! When that happened I said it was time to quit for the day.
15 hours ago