Tuesday, January 01, 2008

The Coming Year

Last year I was involved in several different projects and exchanges. I made many new friends. At the present time I am not committed to anything. I belong to several yahoo groups where I can either choose to participate in a challenge or I can just sit by and enjoy seeing what others do. This may sound a bit passive and boring, but it suits me at this time not to have that pressure of “having to get something done”. I plan to take a couple of classes in 2008 and I do have plans for several projects.

Looking back at last year I know I did accomplish doing a few things, but for the most part I feel like I just played around. I am not saying this was a bad thing because I learned a number of things and discovered things as well. One disappointment to myself was that I did not complete the TAST challenge last year; I stopped half way through. I did follow it to the end though and saved all of the stitches.

For the coming year, I feel I need to do the things that I choose to do, not do things chosen by others. I hope by doing this I will be able to focus on specific projects and concentrate on creating better pieces of work.

7 comments:

PamieG. said...

I can totally relate! Happy New Year!!!

Debra Spincic said...

yes, ultimately, you have to do what pleases you!

Ati. Norway. said...

It seems that many of us feel the need to make a choice or focus :))

Pat said...

Looking forward to whatever you choose!!! All the best,

MargaretR said...

A very wise decision, one which I'm finding it difficult to follow. I know you can't stop being creative and that you'll continue to give us pleasure with your work.

Dianne said...

I know and understand exactly how you feel!! But sometimes I just can't help myself, and down goes my name - then afterwards I think "oh,oh"......
Good luck and I look forward to seeing your lovely creations.

Susan said...

Hi!
Thank you so much for your "Make My Day" award. So often (too often to count), you've made my day as well...like right now. Like you, I've not committed to any on-line challenges. In fact, I've never done such a thing. I've read so many posts (TAST and monthly journals and 365 days of photos, etc.) and seen so many incredible photos that I seem to think I ought to join. Here, at the beginning of the year, there are all sorts of new opportunities and internally I seem to feel a pressure to participate. Like you, I'm resisting. I march to the beat of a different drummer. It is so very, very nice to know that there are others in the cyber fiber land that are also going at their own pace, with their own deadlines, and still enjoying the work of fiber friends!
Susan