I decided a few weeks ago I wanted to try my hand at landscapes and florals again; and having had my Janome Xpression needle felting machine since last February, I figured it was time to really put it to use.
This is the first piece I created and was done entirely using the embellisher. My inspiration for this one was a Monet piece. For some reason I wasn’t bothered with the holes and rather like the look I achieved.
However, I wasn’t quite so happy with the one I in my last post. (remember)?
I decided to finish felting this piece with the embellisher as you can see in the above photo. Still wasn’t crazy about all those tiny holes in this one. So I then decided to see if I plunged it into some boiling hot water and let it soak for a few minutes if by chance the holes would close up. Nope. Nothing!
Well for a bit I thought okay you screwed this one up. I could always turn it into a book/journal cover. But I was determined to see if I could salvage it and keep its’ original intention of a piece to either frame and hang or display on an easel.
So I decided to do a bit of hand embroidery. It is sometimes hard for me to decide if a piece is finished or not, but I am happier with it now.
I have 4 more pieces that were created in between the first one and this latest one. I’ll show them another time.
16 hours ago