I mentioned before that I have been working on several things.
This is the latest piece that I started a few days ago. The background is a piece of white wool. The whole piece was hand felted (measures roughly 5 by 7 inches) and, as you can imagine, this takes a long time to do as it takes a while to get the basic layout needled in. Then the whole thing has to be punched over and over to get the wool roving really needled in and my wrists were beginning to give out; so I decided to give in and put it under the embellisher. I was not happy with the look of all those tiny holes.
As you can see in the photo, I have only done the top third. I think that all those holes ruin the effect. I tried lightly spraying with water and using my steam iron to see if I could get the holes to close, but it did not do any good.
I guess I have one of two ways to go now. One would be to finish the piece under the embellisher. The other would be to hand needle in more wool over the area I used the embellisher on and hope that I can blend it in. We shall see.
16 hours ago