I recently finished an online class at Joggles where I created a “Wrapped Mermaid”. My attempt in doing this on my own some time ago resulted in a less than desirable piece; so I took the class to learn the correct way to make a wrapped armature.
First came the wire armature:
Then the wrapping:
Her boobies are made of glue dots as I didn’t have any of those flat glass marbles.
She is more or less complete. I may give her something to hold later on if I come across the appropriate item.
A close up pic. Her face is one that I made last year using polymer clay. I think her lips need a little more color.
And the ribbon piece on the back of her head:
She is not quite what I had in mind, but at least now I know what I like and don’t like about this type of doll making.
12 hours ago