Monday, September 17, 2007

Lutradur and Lace

As most of you probably know by now, Fibre & Stitch made its debut a couple of weeks ago. There are some really wonderful articles in the zine, written by some very talented ladies. If you haven’t seen it you should check it out. There is a yahoo group (you have to be a subscriber to join), and they are currently having a challenge based on the wonderful article Carol McFee wrote about lutradur and lace.

Following her instructions I lightly free stitched my scrim and lace pieces to the front and then turned it over and painted the back with dark purple acrylic paint that I thinned with water.













The front was painted first with watered down lavender acrylic paint. When dry I applied the dark purple. You can’t really see it in the photo but Metallic silver paint was applied after that. I also sparingly applied a little silver Rub ‘n Buff.













I then did some free machine stitching around the lace motif. Next I fused the inside fabric, added a pocket and cut the scallop and zig zag stitched around the outer edges.















The inside
















And the finished piece, a small padfolio.






















And one more piece of eye candy before you go. This wonderful postcard came in the mail Saturday from Francoise.



19 comments:

JoWynn Johns said...

Thanks for the demonstration. I appreciate being able to see the steps in your process.

StegArt said...

Lovely padfolio Micki!

Alis said...

Your padfolio is absolutely gorgeous Micki.

Carol said...

Wonderful Micki, I love what you did with the L&L,

Waltraud said...

Beautiful portfolio, Micki!

Vicki W said...

Love your L&L padfolio!!

Sue B said...

Gorgeous padfolio Micki! love the color :)

Angelcat said...

Beautiful Padfolio Micki!

Purple Missus said...

You have outdone yourself this time Micki. This is really beautiful. I thought the first photo was it and I thought 'ooh thats nice' then as I scrolled down the page the photos just got better and better. Well done.

MargaretR said...

Beautiful padfolio Micki.

Barbara said...

Beautiful way of creating with different stuff!

Susan said...

Hi!
Nice to see such a pretty thing unfold...or fold up! Either way, quite beautiful.
Susan

Deb H said...

Very nice job Micki.

Dianne said...

Love that mini padfolio!!

Wild Thread Studio said...

Perfect, Micki....such beautiful textures and the colors! yum.

kay susan said...

Stunning Micki, thank you for the step by step process!

ANDREA said...

Hi Micky, thanks for your visit on my blog, now it's my turn to peep into yours, and I will certainly be back! I love this piece of lacecloth and thanks for sharing the process!
Andrea

Gina said...

Fabulous results with the Lutradur and Lace Micki... and love what you've done with it. The padfolio is gorgeous.

Conni said...

Beautiful!