Thursday, August 02, 2007

Nature

Another month gone. Where does the time go? I have been working on five different projects over the past month or so. Some are finished, others are not.

The two finished pieces involved using my Janome Xpression. I had fun doing these small pieces. I can’t show pics yet as I don’t want to spoil the surprise for the recipients. Number three is a small art quilt I am working on, number four involves weaving and number five involves crocheting. I am holding off on photos of these also as I am not quite sure where I am going with numbers three and four.

So how about some nature photos instead?

This is my one and only clematis in bloom.















Here are a couple of pics of the fish pond and the hardy water lilies in bloom:


















These guys dropped by for a little visit last week. They are actually across the road at the neighbors. These were taken with the old 3 megapixel camera and are not as clear as I would have liked. Click on pic to see larger.















They had made a quick run through our own property just a few days before, but I didn’t have the camera at hand then. This is the first time in the twelve years we have lived here that I have seen a doe with three babies; usually it is just one or two.

4 comments:

Cat said...

Micki - the Clematis is just like mine - I love the purple burgundy color!

The pond & fish & lilies are great - looks nice and cool.

I've never seen triplet fawns either before - that is way special! Enjoy!

Alis said...

Wonderful photographs Micki.
How lovely to see the fawns like that.

Can't wait to see pics of your works in progress.

Pat Winter said...

Love your work and nature pics. Thanks for the nice comment on my blog. I got the hummingbird from a cursor site which I can't seem to get their link added to my blog. If I can't, I must remove it otherwise it is "stolen". Yikes!!! No bars for me...

Granny Fran said...

Love your pond and clemtis. I was amazed when I realized the doe had triplets, she must be worn out.