Wednesday, August 15, 2007

2 Years and Still Going

Tomorrow will be my blog two year anniversary. It took me a long time to jump into blogging. I was a reader/lurker for a good while, but finally decided to give it a go.

I want to thank each and every one of you who have visited and left your wonderful comments. I have “met” so many wonderful people over these past couple of years. I hope we can continue these friendships for a long, long time.

There were two FAF ladies who have birthdays this month. I mentioned in my last post that I had done a couple of things using my Xpression. It was their birthday postcards.


This one I made for Sue:















I used wool rovings and punched into a piece of light color denim. I added a little hand stitching.

Angelcat is the other recipient, (I hope you received it).















For hers I used “fancy fabrics and ribbons” and punched into a piece of craft felt. I then couched down some glitzy YLI thread.

I worked in my studio yesterday, but not the way I intended. I had hoped to get out the polymer clay and make a few pieces for current and upcoming projects. As it turned out, when I went in there I decided I really needed a little more working room than the small area my work table had dwindled down to, so instead of playing with the clay I ended cleaning and decluttering the countertop. Hopefully I can play today. We will see.

24 comments:

Sue B said...

I love my postcard!

Doreen G said...

Congratulations Micki on the anniversary.
I for one can say that"meeting" you has been my pleasure and I hope the friendship will continue weel into the future

Alis said...

Great work Micki.

Blogging is a wonderful way to meet and get to know people isn't it.

Gerry said...

Congratulations for year #2. I really enjoy your blog. Best of luck (and fun) in the coming year.

Annica said...

Happy Blogday Micki! The postcards are beautiful!

Carol said...

Your fabric postcards are simply stunning. I really must get my embellisher out again. Congratulations on your 2nd blog birthday.

StegArt said...

Wow two years! Congrats! I feel honored to have been able to meet you and get to know you. Love the postcards.

MargaretR said...

Happy 2nd blogiverasary Micki.
Your cards are lovely, I especially love that felted one and what you've done with those red flowers. Those few stitches just finish them perfectly.

Emmy said...

congrets time flu,s and you are doing great I love your work keep it up girl

Conni said...

Happy Anniversary! Love those embellished postcards!!!

Fran├žoise said...

Happy blog anniversary!
Your postcards are beautiful.

Stitchety Grub said...

Great postcards - I especially lile the bottom one
Britt

Susan said...

Hi!
Congratulations on your second blog anniversary!
Susan

Deb H said...

Oh, I love both, but Sue's is my favorite.

Looks like you're really getting good with the felter. I love mine, but haven't played with it much lately.

Purple Missus said...

Congrats on your second year anniversary Micki. Its been a pleasure getting to know you. Love both these cards but have a preference for Angelas one. Abstract work really appeals to me and I love the way you've put this one together. I am sure they will both be very pleased with them. Your turn next month :)

Cat said...

WOW 2 years! Congrats!!

Beautiful pieces Micki! Love your creativity!

Dianne said...

Well done Micki - 2 years as a blogger - I only have just over a year to catch up!!! The postcards are gorgeous!!

Sonnja said...

Congratulations !!!
2 years as a blogger.
Kind Regards,

Sonnja

Waltraud said...

Happy birthday to your blog and I am glad to meet your blog . Have a nice birthday!!!

Ati. Norway. said...

Happy anniversery Micki.
Your felt cards are locely!

Gunnels blog said...

Congratulations! Your blog are always so nice to read! I like these two postcards a lot!

Angelcat said...

Congrats on your second anniversary! I'm so sorry I could have sworn that I had emailed you a thank you for your beautiful card, oops I feel really bad now, I'm off to give myself a good ticking off :)

Barbara said...

Congratulations!i hope there will be some more years of blogging!

diva of quilts said...

Happy blogiversary! Love the postcards as always!