23 hours ago
Thursday, July 12, 2007
I have finally finished one of the dozen or so UFO’s that are laying around. I started this back in February. I completed the bottom and laid it aside. I worked on the lid off and on and I finally finished the final stitching on it last night.
I fused a piece of mottled wine fabric on the front of a piece of timtex and a piece of wine colored felt on the back side. I then sponged on Jacquard Metallic Bronze and Stewart Gill Metallica-Secret Garden.
Next I mixed each of the two colors into some white puff paint and stamped these images on the square.
The paint did not puff up as much as I had hoped. I then proceeded to free motion stitch the designs using Sulky metallic thread. This was a pain because the pressure foot was sort of dragging because of the rubbery paint.
This square was then cut up into four smaller squares and I stitched around all the edges. These were then stitched to the ends and front and back of the box and then the corners of the box were stitched close.
I did the same thing for the motif on the box lid only using a different stamp for that image.
I intend to use this to hold all of the wonderful postcards I expect to receive when my birthday rolls around in September.