Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Working on Catching Up with TAST and...

I am currently working on something. No pictures though as I have just been plodding along and haven’t taken time to take any. It is coming along slowly as I have had to really think about some things and even redo a small part.

I have also been working on trying to catch up with the Take a Stitch Tuesday challenge. Here is what I have so far.

This one has the running stitch as the design.





















This one features woven and whipped wheels with a few cross stitches thrown in.



















This one is the Basque stitch. The center is needle punched yarn.





















This one is the crossed buttonhole stitch.




















And this one is the wheatear stitch.





















I also have one more ATC trade to show. This lovely little ATC is from Emmy.






















She sent some lovely hand dyed threads along with it.





















And this is the ATC I sent to Emmy along with a few little goodies I forgot to scan.
























I am still 3 or 4 weeks behind on TAST. Now I am going out to mow grass before it rains.


**note** blogger wouldn't let me post this earlier. It was noon when I mowed the grass. And it never rained.

14 comments:

Doreen G said...

I love your TAST samples Micki they look fantastic.

Deb H said...

Nice job on all those stitches. I love the ATC you made for Emmy. Hers is lovely too.

You know if you use silk ribbon for loosly weaving the top of those wheels, they turn into beautiful roses.

Annica said...

Great work Micki! I fell in love with runningstitch when I did it for TAST. Your sample is wonderful!

Waltraud said...

I admire your exactly stiching!

Angelcat said...

Your TAST samples are just beautiful Micki!

kay susan said...

Love the TAST samples - especially the running stitch and that basque flower against the pink background!

Granny Fran said...

I really like your TAST stitches, especially the wheatear. I am so taken with your needle punch pieces that I actually put some needle punch equipment on my Keepsake Quilting Wish List to buy sometime in the near future.

Dianne said...

You are doing so well with your TAST!! I am failing dismally!

Barbara said...

Beautiful tast stiches!!

Cat said...

You do great stitching. I really like the "wheatear" stitch.

Emmy's ATC is great on colors and I like the layered effect of the purple one you made for her.

Cara said...

OMG! I found your blog last night and I was speechless! Your work in amazing! It took me until this morning to even think of anything to say. All the materials are simple, the stitches tradtional, yet when YOU combine them, they are elegant. I am totally in awe.

MargaretR said...

I'm not surprised Cara is awed by your work, just as she says, it's the way you have of combining everything. i love them all. I think I will have to resort to making ATC's with my TAST stitching as I'm so far behind now. So much for my original large pieces LOL

The Carolina Quilter said...

So pretty. I love hand embroidery but no time lately just to play. These are beautiful.

Clevelandgurlie said...

I love your hand stitching -- it is gorgous!! I just bought a creative stitching book -- there is a picture of it on my blog --- it is awesome. I think I'll try some of these small atc's, like you did. They are so cute!