Saturday, June 23, 2007

Too Many Ideas but Where to Start?

Oh, did you ever wish you could clone yourself so that you could do all of the things that you need/want to do? Usually I feel like I don’t have a clue as to what I want to work on and I hate when that happens because it seems like it lasts forever. That bit of uncertainty can be disastrous for me.

But right now I have so many ideas and projects I want to start on that my head is spinning and I don’t know which one to start on first. I will just have to make a list and go from there.

I have some more ATC’s to show.

This one I received from Barbara the other day. Love the buttons and butterfly.


















She also sent these with it.















I asked her about the white fiber fabric. This is what she told me: “I found the white fiber in my fabric store. It’s a new one and it's like paper. The shop sells it for decorating shopwindows ( you know? ..for a good looking shop) You can buy the fiber in many different colours and I use it for my mix media art."

I will have to play around and see what I can do with it.

This is the ATC I made for her:






















It has the ever so popular (with me) painted dryer sheet bits, plus some silk fibers that I needle punched onto the background. Tulle is holding the loose strands of DMC floss down. The colored circle is a variegated yarn that I needle punched on some stabilizer and then I hand stitched it on and added a few cross stitches and French knots.

This one came in the mail today from Peggy.





















Isn’t this sweet?

And this is the one I sent to Peggy.





11 comments:

StegArt said...

I can totally relate to your creative woes, Micki! Some days there are not enough of me and some days, too many of me. LOL! Looks like some lovely ATC trades.

diva of quilts said...

Hi Micki,
You're it! I am tagging you to post seven random facts about yourself on your blog, and then tag seven other people. Have fun!

I also understand. I should make a list too. I always love coming to your blog and seeing what fun stuff you have to share!
laura

Alis said...

I know exactly what you mean about too much going on in your head and making you dizzy. frustrating and great at the same time ;0)

Debra Spincic said...

You may have dry spells but when you are on, you are really on!

Jacquelines blog said...

these are some great trades! I recognize myself in your post....

Suzanne Earley said...

I spend a lot of time being paralyzed by too many ideas, and no idea where to start. Sometimes I have to just blindly pick a random project and just do *something*....

Cat said...

At the beginning of each year I try to start an idea book - and sketch out or scribble down the ideas as they bounce into my head. The ones that make the biggest impression when they hit I usually try to do, the others I go back and look at later and see if they have any bounce left in them! I can relate!

These are all great ATC's.
I bet you have fun with the fiber fab!

Mary lin said...

All are beautiful!!!!

Pat Winter said...

For a background fiber have you tried used dryer sheets? I paint and dye them to use in my work along with cheesecloth....they are free also!!!!

Barbara said...

Thanks for showing my ATC. I don`t show your's because I am working on a fabricbook where all my received ATC`s will have a place to be remembered.I hope it will be finished soon.

MargaretR said...

Those ATC's are wonderful. The colours !! Wow.
If you find out how to clone yourself, let me know how won't you? I think 2 or 3 of myself would be handy.