Monday, June 04, 2007

Something to show

I have stated before that I am way behind in doing the TAST challenge stitches. The last ones that I did were for weeks 15 and 16 and here it is week 23 now. Week 15 was the oyster stitch. I showed it and someone asked to trade for it and I did, so I decided to make another to replace it. I made it very similar to the original but not exactly.

Here is the replacement ATC. It also has a needle punched background of wool rovings on a felt base.






















I skipped several weeks and went to week 20 for this one. It is a variation of the Butterfly chain stitch. I painted a piece of 18 count Aida cloth to stitch onto.





















I got my Janome Xpression out last night and had a good play with it. I tried out several different fibers, ribbons and such and made backgrounds for some ATC’s.More on this later.

10 comments:

Papoosue said...

These are lovely, I like the top one especially. I too recently bought an Xpression machine, but I have not really used it yet!

StegArt said...

Yes, these ARE very lovely. I'm always a huge fan of green and purple together.

Doreen G said...

Tha butterfly chain stitch one looks great Micki.

Alis said...

Both pieces are lovely but I really like the butterfly chain stitch. Such a lovely looking stitch and done so beautifully.

Waltraud said...

These ATCs are so nice and I wish you good results with your new machine.

Joanna van said...

Micki, these are great. Well done! I love purple and green together.

corina said...

Lovely! Always a pleasure to see your work!

Purple Missus said...

Both lovely Micki but I especially like the first one. Have never thought of dyeing aida before, thats a good idea.

MargaretR said...

Lovely samples again Micki you are way in front of me with the TAST stitches now.

Maureen said...

As well as dyeing Aida cloth.......have you thought of painting it lightly with Lumiere?

I'm still feeling guilty that I never joined in TAST,especially when I see all the variations.