Thursday, June 07, 2007

Postcards sent

Two of the FAF ladies have birthdays this month. I know for sure that one has received hers and hopefully so has the other, because I am posting pictures of them now.

This one I made for Helen:

























This one I made for Anna:






















I used my Xpression to needle punch a piece of batik fabric to some craft felt. I then free motion stitched the dragonfly on each. It is hard to see but Helen’s has a foil flower and Anna’s has foil bits.

11 comments:

Barbara said...

Beautiful postcards ! Lucky birthday girls!

Annica said...

Yes, very lucky! They're gorgeous!

StegArt said...

Wonderful Micki! Those June gals will love them.

Sue B said...

These are wonderful Micki!

Carol said...

Helen and Anna will be thrilled with there postcards, tey are lovely

Purple Missus said...

They have turned out really well Micki. What was the batik fabric that you used? In the photos they look like a needlecord fabric - did you just embellish up and down in straight lines? I tend to stick with the same fabrics to use on the embellisher at the moment, haven't got around to experimenting yet.Seeing what you have done here certainly makes me want to!

Fran├žoise said...

They're lovely!

Waltraud said...

The birthday gitls could be happy, great cards.

MargaretR said...

You are very successful with your Embellisher. I love this work.

Helen in the UK said...

I'm the lucky recipient of one of these cards! Although it looks great in the picture, it just cannot compare to actually seeing it in person. The contrast of textures and the colours are wonderful. Thanks you :)

Dianne said...

Beautiful postcard - such lovely colours!!