Monday, June 18, 2007

New ATC and Two More Block Prints

I meant to post this sooner. I received another wonderful ATC in the mail the other day. This one is from Annica.





















She also was very generous and sent along some wonderful fibers and buttons.





















This is the ATC that I made for her. It has bits of tulle, felt, yarn, organza and, yes, a piece of painted dryer sheet.





















When I was doing the block printing from the previous post, I used up what little bit of paint was left and tried printing on a couple of pieces of fabric.

This is the first one. Sorry for the crappy photo, the scanner does this with some fabrics. Click on photo for clearer image.















Here is the other one. I was just about out of paint and didn’t quite get a full image.

12 comments:

Deb Geyer said...

What a precious ATC from Annica. Looks like you are having fun exploring different mediums!

Wild Thread Studio said...

How gorgeous and textural are these felted art cards? They are just crying out to be touched.

That printing you did demands you to do more! It's really very nice.
Denise

Maureen said...

Micki!

You're certainly making your needle punch machine (Xpression??) earn it's way.......I like what you're doing with your ATCs.

Purple Missus said...

Is that a piece of rusted fabric you used for the block printing? Certainly looks good and I like the simplicity of the last piece too.

Annica said...

So glad you like it Micki.

MargaretR said...

That's a lovely ATC from Annica and your work is great as usual. Those delicate colours in your ATC are beautiful.

Nancilyn (Fiberdabbler) said...

I was also curious about the mottled background fabric. I like the print made over it a lot!

Jacquelines blog said...

The block print looks great! I like the rusty one.

Arty Lady's blog said...

Lovely ATCs by yourself and Annica. And how lucky you are to receive such a lovely parcel of goodies.

Liz

Carol said...

Great results with the block print, I like te distressed effect of the bottom one, and the ATC are stunning,

Granny Fran said...

I really like what you did with the fabric paint prints; great effects. One of these days...

Barbara said...

wonderful effects with the block print!