I don’t have any printing inks, so I mixed up some cheap acrylic paint with some Golden Glaze to keep the paint wet longer.
I used Yupo Watercolor paper for these samples.
Click on photo for larger image.
The one on the left I pressed some old junk earrings into the foam. Evidently I didn’t get enough paint on the block as the detail is lost on a couple of them. The one on the right I laid a bunch of straight pins that have large round heads on the table and pressed the block onto them.
For these I used a cuff link, old earrings and some buttons to create the designs. Once again, I didn’t get enough paint onto them as I only basically got the outlines of the pieces and none of the details.
So I tried again, this time using Canson Watercolor paper.
As you can see, I got a lot more of the detail this time with the one on the lower left; however, I still did not get the details on the lower right print. I think I pressed the objects too hard into the foam and made it harder to get the paint down into the details of the pieces.