Thursday, April 19, 2007

April birthday postcards

Since I don’t have anything else I can show right now, I thought I would go ahead and post the other three April birthday postcards I sent out. I know two of the three have been received.

This one is Carols’.

















This one is Emmys’.















This one is Kims'.
















Since there were four for April, I took the easy way out and used the tissue paper sample I made back in January for the background. Each flower was free-motion stitched and then machine appliquéd to the background. I did a little bit of hand embroidery on Emmys’ flower before it was appliquéd down.
*note* Terri asked if I applied a wax over the paper surface. I applied a very thin coat of Dorlands Wax on the surface and let it sit for several days before stitching these cards.

15 comments:

StegArt said...

Each one has a unique flower, how clever. I love mine! Is it a wax you used over the paper surface?

kay susan said...

Micki, these are super!

Doreen G said...

Micki how clever you are to make these flowers.

corina said...

Nice flowers, and such a great background!

Barbara said...

beautiful birthdaycards!!

Dianne said...

Beautiful cards. The background is gorgeous.

Carol said...

I can tell you they look even lovlier in the flesh, Thank you Micki

Cat said...

What a unique technique to create these beauties. I like the way you are always trying new things.

Happy Birthday to the birthday girls!

Purple Missus said...

Love the background you have created Micki. You are another one whose work is always so neat.

SeamRippstress said...

Love the textured background too. These are really beautiful especially close up!

Emmy said...

the card is so wonderful thank you very much

jackie said...

Thank you for the comment on my bag. You have been really productive.

Annica said...

Beautiful birthdaycards, Micki! The green background is gorgeous!

Waltraud said...

These are so beautiful cards, I love the free-motion stiching. The background is like a deep water.

MargaretR said...

These really have a 'wow' factor to them Micki.