Life has been happening the past couple of days so I am just now getting to post about what I spent some time doing a few days ago.
The FAF monthly challenge for March is tyvek and so the other day I painted up some small pieces.
The first two are painted with Lumiere and the other two are painted with Pebeo silk paints. I only painted the front, but the pieces that were painted with the silk paints had some paint to bleed through to the back. After they dried I got out some of my rubber stamps and played around.
I cut smaller pieces, laid them on top of a stamp, covered with parchment paper and then set my iron onto it for a few seconds. This is something you have to play around with to get a sense of how hot your iron should be (cotton setting) and how long/short to leave it on there (3 – 5 seconds). Another thing that affects the outcome is the paint. The silk painted pieces needed less time than the ones painted with the Lumiere.
Another thing is I used my regular iron which has steam holes (but no steam used) and you can see in the picture (the black arrow) the circles made from the indentations. I should have used my smaller craft iron which has a totally smooth bottom. I will do this the next time.
There are at least two different kinds of tyvek and the one I used for these pieces have sort of a textured surface. You can see this on the green and blue pieces. All of the pieces except the middle piece in the top row I laid painted side up on the stamp. That other piece when laid painted side down caused the textured tvyek to become smooth.
All of these samples have lacy little bits to them that are somewhat fragile. You have to take your time when removing them from the stamps and in some instances you will loose some little pieces from them.
I will be playing with this some more using the smooth tyvek that I have and my craft iron to see what difference I get.