Tuesday, March 20, 2007

TAST weeks 10 and 11

I am not what you would consider a hand-stitcher. I know a few basic stitches and that’s about it. When I think I want to add hand stitching, then these few basic stitches are what I do. That is why I decided to join in the Take a Stitch Tuesday challenge when it started, to learn some new stitches to add to my little repertoire. The last 2 weeks’ stitches were a challenge for me to come up with something and that is why I am late with these.

The stitch for week 10 was the barred chain or alternating barred chain. This is what I did.





















The stitch for week 11 (last week) was the up and down buttonhole. I came up with this.




















Actually what I did on this little leaf is considered the Mirror buttonhole, a variation of up and down buttonhole.

17 comments:

StegArt said...

Both are great samples of the stitches. I'm like you, I tend to stick to the same few stitches when I want to do some hand stitching.

Doreen G said...

Fantastic Micki

kay susan said...

Micki,these are really nice and a good interpretation of the stitch!

Dianne said...

I love how each stitch is being made into an ATC. It's a nice small area to work on for the samples. These are great!!

Purple Missus said...

Now you're showing off - Mirror buttonhole! :))
I couldn't get the hang of the a.b.c. stitch so left it out.
Your samples look great as usual Micki - they will look wonderful when you have 52 of them all together.

Felicia said...

Your stitches are great. I just love your little bare tree.

Fran├žoise said...

Both samples are so lovely!

Annica said...

Great samples, Micki!

MargaretR said...

i love the stitching Micki and I think it was a great idea you had to make aTC's with them.

Gerrie said...

Yor stitches look great. I love each of the cards that you make.

Scrapmaker said...

Some lovely effects here. I always enjoy seeing what you are working on. Jen

Deb H said...

Nice Micki.

I don't see an email listed for you. Please email me, mine is in my profile. I'd be happy to trade ATCs with you!

Carol said...

Micki, these are lovely, I am way behind on my TAST, must jump back in, I like the way you are making yours into ATC's

SuZ said...

great idea for the ATC series! and your stitching is super...

The Lone Beader said...

I love your trees!! Are they ever for sale?? *just curious*

Gunnels blog said...

Both you stitchsampler is very good, but my fav is with blue and limegreen! And so nice with ATC-cards!
Tank you for nice comment on my blog!

Discount Fabric said...

Nice work and very beautiful. I look forward to seeing your next projects.