Friday, March 02, 2007

TAST week 9

Here is my ATC for this weeks Take a Stitch Tuesday challenge. The featured stitch is the cross stitch.























I decided to go with a different type background this time. Since it is cross stitch we are doing, I figured it would be easier for me if I used something that was designed for cross stitching. This is 18 count Aida cloth that I painted.

I couldn’t decide what to do on the edges of this one. I considered doing cross stitch around it but decided that would be too busy looking. I also thought satin stitching might be too heavy, so for now I am leaving it as is.


18 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Micki, I love your trees! What a great thought for cross stitches.

Dianne said...

These are great - they look like pine trees.

Granny Fran said...

Your cross stitch trees look great. I wouldn't have thought you could do something like that with cross stitch.

Sue B said...

Love these trees!

Doreen G said...

Brilliant Micki I love it.

Joanna van said...

Great job...I love those trees very imaginative

Purple Missus said...

Those trees are magic Micki. I think you're right to leave it as it is, too much more and you will spoil the effect.

StegArt said...

Lovely trees. Evergreens are so majestic.

Gerrie said...

Love this. I am so in to stitching on my quilts lately.

kay susan said...

Micki, this is surprisingly 'painterly' considering you used evenweave and a very geometric stitch. You moved the boundaries a bit. Love it!

quiltnbee said...

Micki, I love the way your brain works =-) Every one of your pieces is a joy and I look forward to them...Love, love the trees!

Annica said...

I really like the way you've woven the cross stitches together. Very nice!

Emmy said...

love howe you use the cross stitch

MargaretR said...

I love your cross trees too Micki, a great idea.

Cat said...

Trees, trees, trees, wonderful trees!

Deb H said...

What a clever girl you are! Very nice!

Angelcat said...

What a great idea. I have been such a failure when it comes to TAST but your wonderful ATC has inspired me to get my butt into gear. I'll be picking up my needle and stitching tomorrow!

The Lone Beader said...

These trees are so perfect! What a beautiful idea for an ATC!