Friday, March 30, 2007

More Tyvek Samples, etc...

Can you believe that March is almost over? Where does the time go?

Anyway, I realized I never posted the results of my experiments with the smooth type (envelope) tyvek.


click on all images for better viewing















Once again, the aqua piece is painted with Lumiere. The blue, green and purple pieces are painted with silk paints with the exception of the green piece in the lower right hand corner. This is another piece of textured tyvek painted with Adirondack Color Wash. The textured tyvek seems to do better when attempting to get the lacey pieces from the stamps.

And again, timing is crucial with these pieces. They will shrink completely if the iron is left on too long.

Now I will show you a couple of things I have done with tyvek in the past.

This first piece is from the wall hanging I made with the twenty different techniques. Sorry the picture isn’t too good. My battery is getting low and it wasn’t the best of situations when taking the photo.






















I painted a piece of tyvek. I made a piece of heavy thread lace using WSS. I then stitched this to the tyvek. I heated this from the backside just enough to get it to draw up some. The gold strips are painted tyvek also with ribbon couched on using a zig zag stitch after which I heated before attaching to the background. It’s hard to tell from the photo but this has a lot of nice texture to it from all of the thread.

This is another piece done in pretty much the same manner. I made a bead from the tyvek and attached it to the piece which I then attached to the cover of this book that I am using for some of my samples. You can see the texture of the thread on this.





















Another thing I have done with tyvek is make a bookcover for the binder I am placing all of my ATC’s in.






















I did something else just recently with one of the samples, but you are going to have to wait to see a pic.

With April comes a new technique and new experiments.

6 comments:

StegArt said...

yay, more tyvek! I really like the one you attached to your book cover for your samples. The bead really adds.

Vicki W said...

I am so impressed with your creativity! All of these projects are so inventive and really well done.

SeamRippstress said...

I love your book cover and the textured thread and bead. Your stitched Tyvek is lovely - i learn so many possibilities from you!

MargaretR said...

You have done so much with your Tyvek and all of it looks great. I must get down to playing once more.

Alis said...

I love the textures you have created. Your book cover is just wonderful.
Hugs, Alis

jakiul islam salim said...

"Wholesale priced wristbands of all types and colors. Plastic, Vinyl, Tyvek, Paper, Rubber, Red Ribbon and many more.
Customization is available on all tyvek wristbands and some plastic wristbands. Patterns include patriotic, holidays,
Halloween, school safety, party and many more."Tyvek
wristbands