Thursday, February 22, 2007

TAST week 8

I managed to get my Take a Stitch Tuesday challenge piece done early for a change. The stitch for week 8 is the fly stitch.

Here is my ATC:







click on photo for larger image






The background was done entirely on the Xpression. I used a base of tear away stabilizer. The sky has both wool fibers and some silk noil. The meadow is entirely of wool fibers. I wasn’t entirely happy with the front when I finished so I turned the piece over and felted it just enough to cause the fibers to blend more on the front side.

It is hard to see the fly stitch in the darker foreground; my floss (DMC) blended in more than I intended it to, but if you click on the photo you can see the stitching in the larger image.


20 comments:

Sue B said...

Lovely Micki! It makes me long for a warm spring day...

Purple Missus said...

Wonderful Micki. I love the way you are creating scenes with your stitch samples.

Vicki W said...

Beautiful - such a peaceful scene!

Suzanne Earley said...

That is darling!

MargaretR said...

I just love it Micki. I haven't started mine yet, so I think it will have to be a small one this week.

Fran├žoise said...

This is lovely. I like it very much.

StegArt said...

I wish this was the view from my window right now. It's lovely!

Emmy said...

it is so lovely it is so wonderful

Dianne said...

What a lovely stitched field of flowers!!

Doreen G said...

Another great Sample Micki

Carol said...

Micki, this is lovely, I like the way you blended and softened the colours

Helen in the UK said...

What a lovely picture. The stitching looks great on the enlarged picture :)

kay susan said...

Micki,this really is excellent! Makes a lovely picture.

quiltnbee said...

Your TAST ATCs are just wonderful, Micki...I enjoy looking at them very much!

Debra Spincic said...

Nice work!

Cat said...

This is way neat, the colors are fab and the field of flowers look so real I just want to take a walk out thru them.

I need to google what Xpression is! I am so in the dark ages! I always learn something from your blog.

Have a great weekend, Cat

Deb H said...

Don't you just LOVE that machine? It's so much fun! & your work is beautiful! I love what you're doing with it.

Carol said...

This is beautiful, I love the delicacy of your colours. Really sweet.Thanks for your lovely coments on my blog

Granny Fran said...

Wow, your samplers are small works of art!
I have no interest in needle felting.
I have no interest in needle felting.
I have no interest in needle felting.
I have absolutely no time to have an interest in needle felting.

Kattfot said...

What a beautiful field of flowers.

Catrin