Thursday, February 15, 2007

Good Mail because...

The postal carrier had a special little package for me today. Doreen of Creative Meanderings asked to do an ATC swap and it came today.










click on pic for a bigger image











This scan does not do it justice. The leaf and the gold stitching sparkle, as does the deep blue stitching. There is so much texture on this, I just love it. The colors are some of my favorite. It came with a beautiful little card. I don’t think Doreen has received mine yet, so I will not show it here just yet.

I can show you another birthday postcard I made for Lynda, who is another Fiber Arts Friend whose birthday is also this month.

















I layered a piece of painted dryer sheet, purple and violet wool fibers, purple Angelina fibers, more wool fibers, and some torn strips of the dryer sheet onto a piece of purple felt. I hand needle felted these all together. Then I covered it with a piece of tulle and free-motion stitched it down. Happy Birthday was stitched on my embroidery machine. I chose the purples for the obvious reason that Lynda is known as “purple missus”.

8 comments:

Doreen G said...

Glad you like it Micki- I hope mine is in the PO Box today.

Dianne said...

What a lovely ATC from Doreen, looks full of wonderful texture. Your purple card for Lynda is lovely - I am a big purple fan too!!

Carol said...

what a lovely delivery in the post, and Lynda is a lucky birthday girl

Sue B said...

Wonderful ATC and the postcard is fab!

Purple Missus said...

...and Lynda loves it! Your photo doesn't do it justice either Micki. Theres a real sparkle there when the light catches it right. Thanks also for explaining how you put it together.

StegArt said...

Wow that ATC from Doreen is so lovely, the colors and textures are great. And Lynda is another lucky birthday gal.

SeamRippstress said...

How delicious to receive such beautiful postcards in the mail! Doreen's is lovely and yours to Linda wonderful! On Linda's blog she shows us how you printed the postcard on fabric! Are you running through a printer?

Granny Fran said...

Wow! Did Doreen do all that background textural stitching by hand? All the ATCs are beautiful.