Wednesday, January 03, 2007

WIP Wednesday

For the members over at Quilt Studio it is WIP Wednesday. This is my first time for this and as you can see it is quite late in the day, but it is also just about my usual posting time. :) However, I was working late last night and early this morning on something that I can’t show right now.

Many years ago I tried knitting but couldn’t get the hang of it for some reason or another, so I switched to crochet. Recently I decided to try to learn to knit again. Now I am not talking about knitting sweaters or socks and any thing that is complicated. I figured I would start out with something really easy. I decided a scarf would be a nice project to start with. The yarn I chose isn’t exactly the softest, but I already had it and am keeping with the “make do with what you have” motto.


It is about half the way done.

When finished it should be about 72 inches long. I probably will add some fringe.

10 comments:

DubiQuilts - Debbi said...

You are doing a good job! I started knitting after many years but still am not comfortable.

Debra Spincic said...

Looks good to me too!

Kim said...

It's a great start and looks like your stitches are even. I like your motto.

Sue B said...

It's coming along beautifully!

Deb Geyer said...

Looks nice- I like the colors.

StegArt said...

I'm like you Micki...I found crochet much easier...but recently have given knitting a go again. I like the yarn colors you are using.

Jeri said...

I really like your scarf, and you're doing a really good job with it! You should see my first one, ugh. :)

diva of quilts said...

Crochet is easier for me too. I'm working on a scarf also, but am not as far along as you. I hope I don't run out of yarn.

You're doing great!

The Lone Beader said...

I never learned to knit, but wish I had. Maybe someday....

BTW, your scarf is looking great!

Susan said...

Congratulations for going back and trying again. I love the yarn colors. My one and only attempt at knitting was so bad, I've never had the desire to go back again! I have too many things to do already, so it's probably just as well. =)