Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Tidying Up and My Resolution

I managed to finish putting away all of the Christmas lights and decorations today. I attempted to do a little tidying up in the studio and even did a little rearranging of some supplies.

Now I know I have a lot of stuff, but it really is getting out of hand. I don’t think I can squeeze much more in there; and I came across a number of things I had forgotten I have.

I usually don’t make New Year resolutions because we all know how hard it is to keep them. Last year I told myself I was going to cut way back on the amount of books, art supplies, etc. that I buy. Now mind you, I bought quite a bit of stuff last year, but truth be told it still was way, way less than previously, so I actually did pretty well with keeping that one.

For this year, I am going to try and buy only the absolute necessities (well maybe a little splurge now and then), and I am going to try to follow the saying “make do with what you have”.

Now if only my muse will just realize that the holidays are over and that I need her to return and point me in the right direction because I have a few things I need to get started on.


4 comments:

StegArt said...

Glad to hear you are ready to get busy crafting. I also hear you on having way too much stuff. But it's so hard not to try out new products....whine....

Helen in the UK said...

New stuff is lovely, but I think it does tend to blind us to the great stuff we already have. Hope you enjoy your challenge to use your current supplies :)

Dianne said...

I know what you mean Micki - I've really been trying to use what I have too, instead of buying new stuff!!

Scrapmaker said...

This is what I must do also. I was trying to organize the studio and found it frustrating because I just have too much. Jen