Sunday, January 14, 2007

TAST-blanket stitch




Here is my attempt for the Take a Stitch Tuesday “buttonhole or blanket” stitch.




Once again I did it on felt. You can’t tell from the picture (sorry for the poor quality) but I used two different shades of orange for the stitching.



It has been raining here and I thought it would be a good time to get started on some experimenting with paper for the FiberArtFriends January challenge. However, as you well may know things don’t always go as planned. I barely got started when I had to stop for other (more important) things. So I don’t have anything to show just yet, but hope to get cracking on it again.

14 comments:

Kim said...

Sweet. This is such a wonderful and simple way to illustrate the stitch. (and I'm actually able to identify and name the individual components.)

I've haven't had much time for the FAF challenge yet either. Soon I hope.

StegArt said...

Lovely medallion with buttonhole stitch. Looking forward to your paper experiments.

Sue B said...

Nicely done!

bornfamous said...

Beautiful!

kay susan said...

Striking. A really good illustration of this stitch.

Deb Geyer said...

It is so simple, but very effective. Good job!

MargaretR said...

What a lovely TAST sample Micki. i'm exactly the same with my experiments and hope to do something tonight.

Doreen G said...

How amazing your sample is-simple but stunning.

Dianne said...

This is such a lovely stitch sample. Great colours.

Helen in the UK said...

I like your buttonhole sample :)

Purple Missus said...

Do like your TAST sample Micki. Very good colour combination.

Heidi said...

it's lovely!

The Lone Beader said...

I can sort of see the 2 oranges. And, I love the design=:)

Cat said...

Terrific! I see a Western style sunburst, I like it!