Monday, January 08, 2007

Take a Stitch Tuesday result...

Like a lot of other people, I joined the “Take a Stitch Tuesday” challenge that Sharon Boggin is hosting for 2007. My hand embroidery skills are practically nil so I thought this would be a good way to pick up some pointers and improve in this area.

The herringbone stitch was the first stitch given last Tuesday. I am probably one of the last ones to show my little sample for this stitch. I had no idea how I would showcase my attempts until last night. Some people are making a sampler; others are using the stitches in their crazy patchwork. I decided I would keep it small and do ATC’s.

Here is my poor attempt at this:







The background is felt. I used all six strands of embroidery floss (DMC), but I think I should have used only three.

We’ll see what the next stitch brings, hopefully something a little better. LOL!

11 comments:

Sue B said...

That's not a poor attempt! I think it's terrific and I love the colors that you did it in.

kay susan said...

I second that. I especially like the row through the middle - I don't know if you spaced it like that intentionally, but there is quite a dynamic there.

StegArt said...

It's unanimous then....it's perfectly great just the way it is. Can't wait to see your next one.

Angelcat said...

I am going to chime in and agree with everyone else too. I think your ATC is wonderful I just love the colours and you have shown the stitch off beautifully

Conni said...

It's a terrific little sampler!

Purple Missus said...

Love the colour combination Micki. I always play safe where colour is concerned - can get very boring.

Dianne said...

Great sampler Micki! I think the thickness is great and love the colours.

Jeri said...

That's really nice! I think you did a fine job with the herringbone stitch.

Sue said...

well done I think you did a great job

Misa said...

I really like that! The bottom row looks kind of like flowers. I think you did wonderfully.

Granny Fran said...

Doing your stitches on an ATC is a great idea. Looks good and think of all the stitches you can add to your embellishment library.